Over the past year, the MFR Center team of therapists have noticed a pattern of symptoms triggered by chronic mask wearing, distancing and isolation (see below). Plus, breathing in your own carbon dioxide can also cause twitching of muscles, increased blood pressure, headaches, loss of judgment, and labored breathing.
If you have been feeling any of these, please know you are not alone. We are here to assist you to get through these symptoms and conditions with a combination of Myofascial Release, specialized self-care treatments and Hypnotherapy/NLP Life Coaching.
- TMJ dysfunction – The jaw muscles can be released externally and internally. Techniques include releasing the masseter and pterygoids. We have several FREE self-care tools (Wooden spoon handles to release your pterygoids and dental night protectors to ease grinding) for you to take home and continue your healing.
- Vocal changes – The muscles in the mouth and throat can be released externally and internally as well. Techniques include hyoid releases and tongue pull.
- Sinus issues – The tissues around the sinuses can also be released externally and internally. Techniques include opening up sinuses under the cheekbones and internal nostril releases.
- Tinnitus – The muscles that usually cause Tinnitus are the SCM muscles on the side of the neck. Techniques include SCM releases, as well as instruction on how to release them on your own. Techniques also include internal ear releases and ear pulls.
- Headaches – There are many, many contributing factors for headaches (including neck pain), and therapists may utilize many techniques depending on what they feel will help you. The Still Point Inducer or CranioCradle are two self-care items that you can take home for your continued care.
- Neck pain – Similar to the approach to headaches, there can be many contributing factors for neck pain. Your therapist may utilize many techniques depending on what they feel will help you. The CranioCradle, Da Vinci Tool and Occipivot are some self-care items that you can take home for your continued care. We also can instruct you on how to use a cotton or wool scarf to relieve your own neck pain.
- Breathing difficulties – Since we are unable to breathe properly, our entire breathing pattern can change. Techniques include rib releases in all directions.
- Stuck ribs and sternums – Along with changes in breathing patterns, the ribs and sternum can then become stuck which makes breathing even more difficult. Techniques include pec openers and rib head releases.
Hypnotherapy and NLP Life Coaching can be combined to help you change your emotional patterns, as well. Many people are feeling:
- Sense of separation