If you are a certified Massage Therapist interested in the Focus on Fascia Track at Hands on Healing Institute, you may choose to take the prerequisite 20 hour Introduction to MFR Modalities class which is offered usually 3 times per year. Contact Hands on Healing if you wish to go this route.
You may instead choose our prerequisite home study course which includes:
- Watch Beginning Myofascial Release, Part 1 video, Section 1 only (30 minutes)
- Read handout, “Introduction to Fascial Anatomy” (30 minutes)
- Receive MFR session from a John Barnes trained therapist (1 hour)
- Complete quiz/homework and return to instructor (30-45 minutes)
If you wish to complete the home study course, please register here for $50. Once your payment has been received, you will be added to the DropBox folder that includes the video, handout and quiz. You will be responsible for receiving your own MFR session – however, we will provide names of therapists near you if you need referrals.
Please note that there are no CEUs offered for the home study course.
Completion of this home study course will qualify as the prerequisite for this following classes offered at Hands on Healing Institute:
- Focus on Fascia I Track including Advanced Skills Fascia Retreats
- Fascia Fitness Fusion (sports-style)
- Skin Rolling/Pulling
- Deep Mobilization
- Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy